Sunday, February 21, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

A wonderful parent came in last week to talk with me about the art her children had been making this year. She was very kind with me as she spoke, but by the end of our conversation I was quite embarrassed. Looking at the examples of "work" her children had brought home was not helping me feel any better. I remembered the work well from class, but seeing it out of context made me realize that I am missing an important component to the art experience. I need to spend time educating the families about the work we are doing in the art room. It is because of that conversation that I decided to start blogging.

I respect everything that parent said to me. I am thankful that she has challenged me professionally. I have spent many hours reflecting on her words and what my goals are for my work with the children at North Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment